Emery has, for the past 3 days, taken up to 3 steps in a row!! Amazing! She can get herself to standing, without using an object, Ian's head or a mommy or a daddy, and she will take a few steps! So cute to watch, but my little baby is no longer little. At 8.5 months, she is over 20 lbs, and is reaching these milestones far earlier than I had desired or planned on. She is now the fastest bear-crawler around and it is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen! I guess her tender little knees have had enough.
Ian is still swiping her toys and is not quite getting the sharing aspect down with her. I know it's hard for him and I would say right now is the hardest. She is awake more, wanting mommy more and wants everything that Ian has. I think I am learning patience, but could use a little more, that's for sure!
We all went to the park yesterday - Emery's 1st time - and she had a ball! I just wish it was all astro-turf, as the mulch was much too enticing for Em to pick up and insert in her mouth. I got my squat workout in, thats for sure. Ian was so glad to run free and play with some friends and monkey around. We will be going more often, as Emery enjoys it and Ian needs it!
Emery is not much of a baby food eater. You never know when you'll get her to take more than 3 bites. She loves applesauce, pear-blueberry, banana yogurt, sweet potatoes and turkey and peas! Again, she will sometimes eat alot and other times, she will only have 3 bites. I have just started to give her some goldfish, banana puffs and real macaroni and cheese....all good so far! We are working on her trying to pick them up herself and put them in her mouth. She mostly just crunches it in her hand or drops it on the floor. Other than that, it's the usual around here! Hope everyone is doing well...:)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment