Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blame it on Stephenie Meyer...

I have been busy. Very busy...busy reading, would you believe? It has consumed me. The Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer. There are four of these golden books. I have read the first two and would be reading at this very moment, but I have not yet acquired #3. I have always loved to read, but never had time for it. Now I don't have time for other things because I am too obsessed with these books. I am truly debating in my head to go and buy #3 or just wait an entire 48 hours (gasp) until my neighbor returns to borrow hers. If I know myself, but at all - that book will be in my hands by 7pm tonight. When I want something, I can't wait. I want it then and now and that's how it is. I get it from my dad.

So since I have been neglecting household duties, my children and my workouts there isn't anything really to report!! Just kidding.

I had an "aww, my big boy is growing up way to fast", moment on Monday night. I had to make his lunch for school as he and a friend were staying for "Lunch Bunch". Instead of picking him up at 12, as usual, he would be staying and eating lunch with the other kids, out to the playground and inside for playtime until 3pm.


I realized that this is the first of MANY, MANY more lunches I will have to pack. So, I captured the moment and got all misty-eyed. The next day he carried his lunch all proud and was excited about the day. My impatience set in, once again, and I left at 2:20 to pick him up. We literally ran to each other when we saw each other...what a moment! The teacher even commented "I don't know who is more excited!" He had a great time, but told me he would rather eat at Mamaw and Papaw's for lunch, as we have been doing for the past 2 years. I am so greatful that he loves them so much (and vice versa)and I pray he will forever remember the daily lunches with them. It's hard to imagine it any other way.

Here he is after a haircut and just being silly!



Emery is just plugging along...fast! TOO FAST! She can scoot, crawl, crawl with a toy in her mouth, crawl with toys in her hands, pull up on anything and everything, even those unstable toys that she swears will support her even though they don't.


She can get up to standing by herself and then will stand on her own for about 20 seconds. Now, she is mastering her balance on the trampoline.



Is that a safety hazard? Well, the worn out bar that she nibbles on is, I am sure. Gotta watch that!

We have another Ludlam arriving next month...a boy...Skip and Heather's...and I, along with Aunt Dot and Elizabeth are throwing a shower this weekend. I am so looking forward to everything baby and time with some girls!!!

Michael has been busy at work and has a few trips lined up...Palm Springs, San Diego and maybe others here and there. He is such a great dad and is more than I could ever ask for. I don't know what I would do without him.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG Brandy .. this is how Reagan learned to walk so earlier. She was ALWAYS on the trampoline. That helps them to learn to balance themselves quicker .. she will be walking in no time ..watch!

Julie said...

Oh so cute your babies!!! Can't get Edward outta my head.