Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's a beer thing

Today was the first day back to school for Ian since the holiday break. He was so very excited to be heading back to play with friends, go to chapel and play on the playground. Last night before bed, we got crafty and made the 2009 project for class today. He was to make a picture of something he is excited about in the upcoming year. Ian decided he is excited about.....THE BEACH!! We had lots of fun putting it together and he can be so creative! I get all into it too, and have to remember it's HIS project and should reflect what he wants, not what I want! (Some of you know how I get)

On the way to school this morning, we are slowing down getting ready to stop at the light. Ian exclaims "look mommy, look at all that bee-uh!!!". To translate, "bee-uh" is Bostonian (don't ask, we don't know where he got this accent) for BEER. I am like, what? Where? What are you talking about? As I look in the rearview mirror, I see a Corona big-rig, loading up the gas station. It was a big, colorful rig and it had one Corona bottle on it. I asked him how he knew that was beer and he mumbled something about the guy needs to give the bee-uh to those that don't have it and blah, blah, blah, blah...I have no idea what he is really saying, and want clarification as we rarely have Corona in the house...how did he know that was beer? He can't read, so how did he know??!! So, he kinda gets frustrated at me because I am not "following" his story about the "needy", so he finally says...in such a way that made it sound like he is the all-knowing, beer pro and I am the amateur..."it's just a bee-uh thing, mommy, a bee-uh thing".


"Diaper backward spells repaid. Think about it." ~ Marshall McLuhan

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ha!!! What a funny boy! You have GOT to figure out what he was talking about! Maybe the "needy" part of it was when he heard someone say "I need a beer"- hm? Maybe????

Chris said...

Kids definately say the darnedest things, don't they!...I am waiting for Hannah to start talking and bracing for what comes out....:)