Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's almost Monday

I don't like Sunday's. Is that wrong to say that? I don't like Sunday's because it means the weekend is over and the next day is Monday. Monday's are just the pits...I hated them when I worked and I hate them now, because it means Michael has to go to work. I never workout on Monday's. I don't even think I get out of my pj's on Monday's. If our mom's playgroup was on Monday's, I wouldn't attend. I just... don't... do... Monday's!

I had been meaning to locate the manual for Emery's infant car seat for the past month or so. I knew she was reaching the maximum weight allowance, but couldn't remember the exact number. Was it 23 lbs? 20? 25? So, I finally remembered today to pull it out and sure enough...20 lbs is the max. Good thing she is a whole 1 lb and 9 ounces OVER that maximum. High fives mom. So, I have Ian's new Graco Nautilus en route to Royce Drive and it should arrive by Thursday. Emery will move over to the Decathalon and all will be safe and well. Hopefully, she won't gain too much weight between now and Thursday, right?? Phewwwww.

Today, I moved Emery (7.5 months) from her little snug, compact infant tub over to the massive, spacious big-person tub. Holy crap, what was I thinking? The girl was buggin' out all over the place! She was this tiny speck, it seemed, in this big olympic-sized pool! Reaching for the plug, reaching for the duck that floated down river - 105 yards away from her, reaching over and out of the tub for mommy's towel, reaching for the shampoo that rests in the corner of the tub, reaching for the washcloth that she keeps kicking and splashing further and further away to the opposite end of the tub, bending over into the water as if she were perfectly capable of breathing there, trying to get on her knees to then pull herself up on the side, all the while SUCKING on a washcloth and swallowing bathwater!! Ugh!! She was going mach 2 in there! It was quite funny, as I kept asking myself "is she too young to do this? Am I a bad mom? What am I doing?". She had a great time and it was fun to see her explore a new setting. Quite a riot!

Oh, is there like a limit as to how much bath water a 7 month old should consume in one bathing session??!!



Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.-- Mark Twain

2 comments:

dana said...

Okay, that has to be the funniest bath story I've read. I think it's so funny because I lived it about 6 months ago myself. Poor Jonathan got stuck in there the minute he was able to sit up without falling. Made for some tense moments, but boy was he having fun while I was stressing over where he was going to possibly fall or bump his head next.

Alicia said...

Hopefully the "sucking-bathwater-from-a-washcloth" limit is somewhere around 13 gallons per bath. =) Hannah does the same thing. I used to give her a dry washcloth and try my hardest to keep it semi-dry to minimize the water consumption, but that was futile. Now I just sit back and watch her guzzle. Hasn't hurt her so far! Ha!
Just wanted to drop in and thank you for the comment on our blog. Chris told me about you when you guys found each other on Facebook and shared how much you liked the pink tree. =) It was easy, and I highly recommend you do it next year...especially with white trees being so cheap during the after Christmas sales. Your kids are absolutely precious, and I'm glad I have another blog to add to the list of must-reads.