Friday, January 2, 2009

It's baa-aaacckkk...

Emery's lovely snotty nose and congestion have reared their ugly heads again. Is this a bacterial infection we just can't get rid of, or is this cold after cold after cold? We have been battling this since about the end of October, with a few good weeks in there somewhere. The doctor (of which we saw this morning) recommended one last try of antibiotics. If this doesn't kill the monster, then we'll assume it's that time of year and it's a reoccuring cold. Good times, I say...good times. This means no sleep for Emery and no sleep for me. Lookin' forward to it, lemme tell ya. I am loads of fun and just a jolly right one, during these times. Shouldn't the doc prescribe me something too? :) So, I am doing all the tricks...mattress raised, nasal spray, aspirating the nose (thank you Julie for the guillotine wrestling hold I have to put her in to accomplish this) and the humidifier. I say none of it works. I need an immediate remedy, not something that just "helps" the situation!!!

"Insanity is hereditary: You can get it from your children."
-Sam Levinson

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey, the hold works!!! Get that snot outta her nose lady!!! Did the doc say it could be allergies? Maybe she is allergic to Hemi.....did I just say that?