Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Whose job is it anyway?

Today, I was telling Ian he needs to clean up "the makeups" off the rug so Emery doesn't get them. FYI - "makeups" are the spongy foundation applicators he pulled out of the bathroom cabinet. He has torn them to pieces and has converted them to marshmellows to put in his, very cool, black & decker toy mixer. Very creative, that one. Anywho, he proceeds to tell me he doesn't want to clean it up, because it's no fun. I tell him that cleaning is never fun, but we all have to do it. He looks at me like, "nah, not really, I don't have to do it". So I tell him that I will clean it up if he will do HIS laundry and do HIS dishes. He quickly says, "No way...my hands will get wet".

I think I will use that excuse from now on...we all know that we just can't have wet hands. That is uncalled for!

My sweet little Emery is no longer a baby. This adorable 7 month-old is full on crawling, pulling up on toy baskets, pant legs and ottomans. Today, I went in to get her from her nap and she was standing in her crib, pacifier in place. What a cutie, that one! I can't believe she is already growing so quickly. Time is just passing by...tick, tock, tick, tock.






Wishing my brother, Ronnie, a Happy Birthday and everyone a Happy New Year with many blessings to come. For so many I know, they are glad this year is over and are looking forward to a "new" year. Don't rush I say, as time is passing quickly and we can't reverse it. Enjoy the now, for we are not promised tomorrow.

As my very wise and pessimistic, although hilarious, husband says...the only two things that are guaranteed are death and taxes!! Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Christine said...

LOve your funny blog lady!! happy fing new year

Julie said...

Oh, the pic of Emery coming to get your camera- too funny!!! We call Olivia the little monster b/c all she wants to do is get her hands on everything! I don't want the crawling stage yet!! Just let me stay here for a few more months!!! Happy fing New Year!!!!

Sharon said...

This is good B. Funny, creative, descriptive .. over all I give it a 10!