Sunday, February 15, 2009

Exploring

Today was such a great day! My mom has a bike that is brand-spanking new that she never rides. Now that Ian rides a bike, I thought it would be a good idea to bring it back to life and go out together! I dusted it off, pumped up the tires and we were off...doing my favorite thing as a kid...exploring...wind in my hair...just riding. There are many ponds in our neighborhood with trails around them with alligators, fish and giant turtles. We went over to the "newly discovered" one and Ian, all of the sudden, jumps off the bike and says..."mommmmm a BUNNY"! Sure enough...little Peter Cottontail was hopping into the bushes...he was so cute and Ian was ecstatic! We saw lots of big herron's and some big turtles and lots of fish. As we are riding along, we are right next to some train tracks. Ian has never really seen them up close, so that was exciting. He asked if they were "Thomas' tracks" and I, of course, said yes. I had so much fun exploring and being free, that I went out later in the day, by myself and enjoyed another ride. Man, I used to love riding my bike, exploring alley's and creeks and secret trails. It felt good to be 10 again.

Emery is walking. EVERYWHERE. She is officially a walker. Not even 9 months and walking like it's nothing. It looks strange to see such a young baby walking, it just doesn't look right.

Last night for Valentine's day, Michael and I walked down the street to a fun little bar, called World of Beer. We had every intention of going to eat after a couple of beers, but ended up staying at the bar, talking and drinking all of the many brews they offer. I stuck with Aguila, a Colombian beer, while Michael drank all that are hoppy and wrong...all wrong!! I even tasted one that, literally, tasted like the fluoride you use at the dentist. BLEHHHH. So gross. I like the light lager's...Corona's, Red Stripes...all of the Mexican/Carribean beers. We had a great date and we thank Mamaw and Papaw for watching the kiddos...we needed it!

No comments: