39 is the number of steps Emery took yesterday, on her own, with no help! After a few days of about 12 here and there, she walked a full 39. Unbelievable! That was on Saturday. A new day has risen and the girl just isn't happy unless she's walking. Apparently, 39 wasn't good enough in her tiny eyes. She is non-stop, pulling herself up to stand, taking lots of steps and if she falls to her bum...the waterworks of frustration and agony begin to roll down her face. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! She'll push back the tears, get another wind of determination, pick herself right back up and try again. Over and over. Again and again. Emery is ONLY 8.5 months and we are amazed that she has reached this milestone so quickly. Unreal. This new skill, accompanied with the, once again, runny nose is causing her to be restless. Waking in the night and short naps. I am so tired, but I know it's not forever!
Ian had a big day at Jane & Ryan's "Pirate's and Princess's party" on Saturday!
He had a blast being with all of his friends and classmates, dressing up, running around and watching them open their presents. Well, maybe he didn't like that part, as he was wondering where his presents were. The goody bag made him forget that it wasn't, in fact, his birthday and the giant pile of gifts were not for him. He'll have to wait until May. The bouncy house with slide, as usual, was a major hit and he even passed on food and cake to get all of his sillies out.

Emery has never been a big fan of baby food. I have just now started feeding her 2 times a day. I just can't get that morning feeding in. She does, however, LOVE goldfish, cheerio's and anything she can pick up. Now, if I could just get her to not flip out everytime I make a movement towards the highchair. She hates that thing and I have no idea why!



1 comment:
How do you have the patience to sit and count 39 steps??? That makes me laugh that she cried when you move toward the high chair-
Yeah, we are still working on crawling, it hasn't happened yet, but we are working on it.
Post a Comment