Friday, February 6, 2009

So Excited!

I am SO excited about a few things! First, one of my dearest friends is finally pregnant! They have been trying for quite awhile, and just when they were about to empty out their piggy banks, the LORD stepped in and blessed them with this great news!

Second, Emery is totally taking steps. For the past 3 days, it has been about 7 in a row. Tonight, however, she walked from the TV to the ballpit which is probably a good 10-12 steps! What is even funnier is this ALWAYS happens like at 5pm. She will take 1-3 here and there, during the day, but come 5 o'clock, she gets her daring shoes on and just goes for it! It is quite entertaining. Oh, and unfortunately, if she gets ONE look at my camera strap while she is standing, she will immediately fall to the floor on her bum, start laughing (well, I think it's a laugh, it's more like a drunken sailor's "scallywag" voice)and reach for the lens. Mommy gets very annoyed at this and I am sad to say (Mom and Karl who are hoping for some pics of it) I don't have any to share of her actually taking the steps. And if I didn't have a dinosaur of a videocam, I would yank all 30 pounds of it out of the cabinet and capture it. Maybe I will do that anyway...gotta get that on VHS, no?? Yes, VHS. Okay, so before I posted this, I did download what I had on my camera and while I HATE to even post this pic, it does kinda show the action. My settings were wrong and I just snapped it! Sorry for all that is wrong with it...



and since she is so stinkin' cute, I can't let that be the ONLY picture I post of her. If Ian would let me take his picture, you'd see him too!



Third, I am going to TX! I am going to Dallas, TX on April 2nd, 2009 to partake in a cause that has really become dear to my heart. Epilepsy. The Stroll for Epilepsy is the Epilepsy Foundation’s annual event that raises awareness and funds to support those living with epilepsy. Epilepsy is the most common neurological condition in children and the third most common in adults after Alzheimer’s and stroke. It is a tremendous opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of almost 2 million men, women, and children diagnosed with epilepsy and their families. You can read about a precious boy named Jake and his epilepsy here. He is my reason for all of this. I am participating in the Stroll For Epilepsy 2009 on April 4th at the Dallas zoo. If you would like to donate to this cause and support me on this stroll, please click
here.
If you would actually like to PARTICIPATE and join TEAM JAKE, click here.
Thank you to the H's for giving me their Rapid Rewards ticket to FLY from Tampa to Dallas and participate! I am forever indebted to you both. While I am there, I get to attend a baby shower for another friend and see lots of old faces that I miss so much! I am over the moon about all of this, truly!

Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves.-- Helen Keller

4 comments:

Christine said...

sooo laughing!!! I had just started the "happiness" blog, mentioning how happy I am for the mcmillians and for my friends traveling in on april 4th! great minds think alike!

She walks at 5:00 pm b/c that is the "witching" hour..give it a month or two and you will go from 1 drink a night to about 10! Beware the witching hour! it's cute now....

Brandy said...

You know me better than that C...one drink...pufuhhh!! If it's going to increase by 10X, I'm in trouble!!!

Yes, I am so excited!!! Sooo excited! Can you hear my song?

Julie said...

That pic of Emery in her jeans, she is totally leaning to one side like we did in jr high- oh that is THE cutest pic I have ever seen. Listened to closer to fine yesterday on the way home from H'ville- I was singing like I was one of the Indigo Girls! Oh, good memories. About the ticket- I get to feel so much better than you do about it! It's so much better to give lady......

dana said...

Wish I could join you in April on your walk. I'll be there with y'all in spirit! Looks like we'll be in the middle of a move back to Texas around then.