Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The last 2 weeks...

...have been a bit crazy, hence, the reason for no posts! I have spent quite some time tying up some things for the Stroll for Epilepsy (donations, T-shirts etc...),and have really just enjoyed this beautiful state we live in. We have had amazing weather and have spent almost every minute outside playing, planting flowers, biking and hanging out.
Michael went to DC for a few days and will be flying out to Palm Springs in a few days, as well. We hate it when he's gone and are jealous of the places he is seeing! Ian loves the "surprises" he recieves upon daddy's return:)

Ian is going to turn 4 on May 11 and it is just baffling us. Where has the time gone? He is growing taller every day and is no longer my little, baby boy. Twice a week he goes to school and he absolutely loves it! His teachers have been amazed at how much he has come out of his shell since the start of the year.
He is the king of questions, they say. Welcome to my world, I tell them! He is so inquisitive about everything and it is incredible to see how he reasons and mulls over tiny bits of information. The other day I was asking him who the President was and he said "Rock Obama". He asked me what Obama does and if he was going to "keep him safe". It was a cute conversation!

Emery is going to turn 1 just 5 days after Ian's birthday and we are looking forward to Papaw & Anna from Texas coming to visit. Emery has been walking for the past 1.5 months and has really picked up her speed. The girl is quick! She is EXTREMELY vocal and loud and is showing signs of her mother (so I'm told). Very stubborn and independent and won't have you telling her no. I have no idea where she gets it? :) She can now climb on to things, up the stairs and loves to stand on her tippy-toes to get into trouble. She gets into everything and it is apparent we will have to get some child-proof locks on every door and cabinet. Ian never roamed where he wasn't supposed to, so this is new to us! She is still not to keen on baby food, and I am just terrified to give her certain things, as I don't think she has the "chewing" aspect down too good. Maybe she does, I am just being paranoid. I gave her spaghetti with sauce for the first time and she loved it. It wasn't as messy as I thought, as none made it to the floor!
You can kinda see her teeth, she has 4 coming in and that will make 8, total!

She loves to "zerbert" and does it all the time, regardless of what is in her mouth! Fun for her, not fun for mommy & daddy.



Mastering the art of the slurp...she's got it down!

We've got a busy rest of the month...birthday party on Saturday for Ian's classmate, Michael going out of town and then his birthday on the 20th, Mamaw & Anna's birthday on the 29th and then me heading to the motherland for the Stroll and to see friends! After that, we have Easter and then planning for Ian & Emery's birthdays'!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG LOVE THE PICS you choose! She is so adorable!

Julie said...

Oh she is getting so big!!! I wish I could see her in action. Love the pics!