Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful, still...

What a great Thanksgiving holiday!  Michael was home early on Wednesday and had the rest of the week off.  So sad he had to return back to work today.  Thursday we went over to mom's for a great meal, parade watching and quality family time.  Emery napped. Sicka napped. I relaxed and watched football with mom, while Karl and Michael fixed a computer.  As if one giant meal wasn't enough, we headed over to Skip and Heather's for another family gathering.  The cool weather had moved in and Heather had set up candlelit tables outside and it was beautiful!  The kids played their hearts out and it is so fun to see them all together.  We left around 7:30pm and headed home to watch the A&M/t.u. game.  I really thought the Ags were going to pull it off...it was an incredible game and gave the t-sips a real run for their money.

Friday we ventured out to our usual tree lot and purchased a beautiful Fraser Fir tree!  It is so chubby and perfect.  We spent the rest of the day listening to Christmas music, decorating and having a great time.  The kids were so excited about the tree and loved hanging the ornaments.  We even sat on Santa's lap.  When I say "we", I really mean it.  Emery had a kung-fu grip around me when it was time to see the jolly old one.  I had to sit with her, so I was in the photo! The rest of the days were spent outside, hanging Christmas lights, playing with the neighbors, bedtimes were extended, feet were dirty, lots of baths and really AWESOME family time.  I am so thankful for my wonderful family.  I am kinda on a family-high right now, as it really was a great time.  I am going to try and keep myself in check and to count my blessings more.  Sometimes, I just go through the motions and I don't stop often enough and appreciate my day, all that goes on and the TIME I have now.  Time is constantly ticking away and I, along with everyone else, is only getting older.  One day it won't be like this and I don't want to take it for granted

Emery is saying lots of words and is keeping us laughing with some of the new things she says.  This morning, as we were leaving to take Ian to school, we were going out the back door and Emery pauses, looks down at the litter box Hemi had just used...points and says, "YUCK!".  Ian and I both laughed...it was too cute!

No comments: