Friday, April 10, 2009

Where has the time gone? It's been awhile since my last post, and we've had a busy few weeks. We celebrated Michael's birthday with a BBQ dinner, then Mamaw's at Carrabba's. Unfortunately, I got food poisoning and was not feeling so good for a few days. I had to be better for my big trip to Texas. I left on a Thursday, plane was delayed 2 hours, then they had me change planes in Houston (rather than just a stop) and upon my arrival in Dallas - my damn luggage was nowhere to be found. Long story short, I got it the next day. Stayed with the Smolik's, got to meet the Hickman's newest addition, Olivia......had a drink with an old college roommate,got a pedicure in LAZY BOYS (ahhhhhhhh, the best), drove around my old neighborhood, got caught by the owner scaling the fence of my old house, got invited in to the house and got to see where I spent 12 years growing up...... witnessed Christine teach at Apollo, got to meet Jake and Addison...... drank some wine and reminisced with old friends, did the Stroll for Epilepsy at the Dallas zoo... ... saw old faces, felt completely overwhelmed at what my friend goes through but also felt the love and support she receives, enjoyed a baby shower for a friend and saw even more old friends and their mom's... ... did some cheerleading moves on a trampoline...... drank more wine, did some baby tests to find out the sex of a friend's baby on the way, cried, laughed, and then in an instant, it was time to come back to Florida. I had such an amazing time and it truly felt like home to be in Dallas with all of my girls. I just wish we could all live so much closer and do those things regularly.

While I was gone, Ian started soccer. So sad I missed it, but a friend got some great shots of all of them in their cool uniforms. He was so excited for this day, Michael said Ian packed his backpack with his ball, his dog Fluffy so he could watch, and some water. Too cute!

Mamaw and Papaw have been on a river cruise for the past 10 or so days, visiting Budapest, Austria, Germany and some other ports. It's always a bummer, as Ian misses them tremendously, as do I. When you get used to seeing them everyday for lunch, it's kinda hard to adjust to changes.

This week has been Spring Break for Ian, so I have been trying to keep him busy. His closest friends, Alexander, Jane, Ryan & Sarah joined us at the Saddle Up Riding Club for a playdate. They got to brush and pet some ponies, and walk around the stables and see lots of pretty horses. They had the option to ride a pony, miniature horse or a Palomino and then did an easter egg hunt and craft. They all LOVED it and we will definitely be doing that again. Yesterday the same crew went to Pump it Up and bounced their little butts off. Today we went and dyed an egg, made an Easter basket and then got some free toys. IT was very cool and I am surprised Ian is asleep after all of that candy! The kids are so funny together and their conversations crack us all up! I hope they stay friends for a long time...they are all so adorable.

Hard to believe May is right around the corner...a 4 year old and 1 year old???? Time is flying by.

No comments: