Thursday, May 28, 2009

Can I do it?

Can I successfully raise and nurture the 4 monarch caterpillars we have... to become, beautiful butterflies? I sure hope so. Ian is counting on me! We drove up to my sister-in-law's yesterday for some lunch and playtime. They have created some amazing gardens! Tomato's, blueberries, cabbage, thyme, basil, oregano, carrot's, rosemary, lemongrass...and the list goes on and on! So very cool. In the midst of her butterfly garden are a plethora of monarch caterpillar's. I had mentioned to her Ian LOVED doing that at school this year and she gave me the habitat, caterpillar's and the milkweed to feed to them. WE are so excited! I just hope I don't screw this up..




Memorial Day was fun, we played outside all day while daddy smoked some ribs and brisket. Ian played in the pool and the slide, literally, all day. He must have gone down that slide into the pool a million times. Lots of fun!






I have been wanting some really cool wine glasses that are hand-painted! Don't laugh, but I have even tried painting some myself. I just don't get how they get the paint so smooth - it looks like stickers or something. Anyway, what a NICE and awesome surprise to get the coolest wine glass, EVER from a great friend! I love it! And nope, it's not my birthday...too cool!



Ian has only 2 more classes at school. What are we going to do all summer? Mercy!! I foresee lots of swimming and lots of beach time. We have one week of VBS, but that's it! He will have his 4 year appointment tomorrow. Can't believe he is 4.

Last night after their bath, they were going NUTS! They were laughing so hard and giggling like crazy. I had Emery in her crib so I could lotion her up and she was trying so hard to get Ian's towel off...it was so funny!!! It made him laugh, which made her laugh even harder...wish I got it on video..I got a few shots of the laughter!


1 comment:

Christine said...

yes, you can do anything!