Thursday, May 21, 2009

Well baby appointment...

Emery had her 1 year well-baby appointment today. Ugg, what a terrible day, I must say. She has been coughing and snotty, so she has not been in the best of moods. I have come to realize she is completely cutting her molars...on both sides. Poor thing. I was hesitant to vaccinate today, but she had no fever and the snot was clear (mom's you know what I am talking about), so I felt it was okay. She was a trooper and only cried at the time of injection. The appointment was during her naptime, unfortunately, and she was so tired. She has never really fallen asleep on me, so this was not going to be her first time to do it. I was ready to get outta there.

She was 23 lbs and 29 inches (or so)...thinning out and short, basically. We figured since she has been walking since 8.5 months, she is "losing weight". She aced the doctor's checklist of milestones...she walks, drinks from a sippy, can point, clap, search for her baby and doggy when asked, point to mamaw, papaw, daddy, mommy, Ian or Hemi - when asked, kick a ball, wave bye and can even run. She has a big brother to chase, so she has to be quick! She eats stawberries, toast, turkey, chicken, beans, goldfish, sliced grapes, corn, peas, carrots and her favorite...broccoli. She definitely takes after her mother. I LOVE broccoli. Hard to believe she is a year old. We heard the olympic gymnast, Shawn Johnson - walked at 8.5 months... it will be interesting to see what our little Emery accomplishes!

Ian's 4 year appointment is next week...stay tuned.

Please pray for one of Ian's favorite classmates - David. Long story, but please pray for him. We love him dearly. Keep praying for Jake, as well. Visit www.all4jake.blogspot.com to read the lastest.

No comments: