Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's not just for your feet...

Emery's new thing is to stand in front of the ottoman, point and say "uh, uh, uh". This means, "please remove the top of this thing, so I can get in". The other morning I followed through on the command and, of course, Ian has to do whatever Emery does, so he joined in and I got a few cute shots. How precious are they?!

Emery has been talking quite a bit lately. Hemi was her very first word and she says bye-bye, dee dah (pink dog), dood dah (good job), up, all done, mee (milk and she signs it), papaw, mimi (that's what she calls me), baby, night-night, seepy (sleepy), bath, down, she can roar like a lion when you say "what does a lion say?" and she can meow when you ask "what does a kitty cat say?". She is very LOUD and very vocal. Hard to believe she will be 15 months tomorrow.

Ian is getting all ready for school to start next week. He has, however, been kinda clingy and freaking out when I leave. Last night I went out with some friends to dinner and he got very upset...I hope it is not a sign of what is to happen on the first day back to school. That episode, in addition to what happened last week at church has me a bit worried. Today we are going to break in the new slip and slide...boy is he so very excited! Towards the weekend, Ian always starts to ask if daddy has to go to work. He knows that when he doesn't, it's the weekend and he doesn't have to take a nap. Michael and Ian are the best playmates and they have so much fun together. I love watching them and seeing them laugh. Makes my heart sing!


 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: