Emery had her 15 month appointment on Friday. I was really not looking forward to this appointment, whatsoever. I had really felt pressure about the whole vaccination controversy. I had never really researched much about it on my own(nor did I freak out with Ian or with Emery for the first 14 months), but I had heard Jenny McCarthy and other families personal stories and it just made me freak out a bit, right before this appointment. This appointment was when my pediatrician administers the very controversial MMR vaccine, along with the DTaP vaccine. After 3 weeks of research, no proof of a link between autism and MMR (or any vaccines) and many nights awake, debating in my head...I decided (with my pediatrician) to go ahead with the DTap, but wait on the MMR for another 3 months. Me deciding to wait on it, had nothing to do with anything other than the fact that I just didn't want to do it. I was tired of thinking about it and my pediatrician said we could wait, not long, but we could wait. Relief. I have so many more thoughts on vaccinations, however, I will not post them here.
Emery is progressing right along and has exceeded all of the expected milestones. She weighs 24 lbs (75th percentile) and is 30 inches long (45th percentile). Sadly, due to all of her running...her legs are losing their chunkiness and she is thinning out. I expect the weight/height curve to start evening out.
Ian completed his first week of pre-K. He has two teachers and they really seem great. He only knows ONE kid from last year's class, so that kinda stinks - but he will make new friends. This year he goes every day from 9-12, with the option of doing extended hours (lunch bunch). He did lunch bunch a few times last year, but felt he was gone too long from mommy. We'll be trying it again in a few weeks...it'll be good practice for next year in Kindergarten. Hard to believe he is already such a big boy...where has the time gone? So far he is loving school, but is not too keen on the idea of going every day. I think he just doesn't want Emery to be with me, while he is not around. He is very jealous of his little sister, that's for sure :)
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment