Monday, September 14, 2009

Lately

School has started and life is busy again...waaaaaaaay busy! Ian goes to school everyday and Emery is about to start classes at My Gym. This children's activity facility is literally at the end of my street and we went to a free open house and she loved it! Maybe it was because one of her favorite characters was there, I don't know but she had a blast. We are also very ready for some cooler weather, as playing outside is demanded at every moment. Dad has now full-on hooked us up with cable in the garage so we can watch football while we are outside. Soccer starts in October, we just purchased a year-long pass to Sea World and Busch gardens, and we have lots of birthday parties in the next few weeks...

Ian is growing like a weed, it seems he is outgrowing things really quickly. I can't get over the fact that we shop in the BOYS section now...big step and all too surreal. Emery is my crazy one and is all over the place. She will be the boss of this household, I have a feeling. Very, very outspoken and determined. Her skills seem so advanced at times, and just different than Ian. Hard to explain, really. I guess her walking at 8.5 months has allowed her to move quickly through milestones.

Emery loves shoes. Eating them, biting them, putting them on...you name it. She is the kid hanging out by the shoe bin at the mall playground. You can't leave them on the floor....EVER. She also loves the laundry basket. If there is something in it, you can bet it's coming out and going to be spread all over the house. She will, however, help me put them back in, all the while saying "dood dah, dood dah". That's "good job, good job"! She also loves diapers and wipes. Not just playing with the wipes, but sucking on the wipes. Strange, I know. She is obsessed with Nemo and Elmo. She definitely makes us laugh and watching the two kids play and giggle is wonderful! I have included some pictures of some of these fun moments and of the finished tie-dyed shirts we did. Ian seriously would've worn his to school every day if I'd let him. He was very proud of his creation. We had lots of fun doing these and will definitely do it again!

Oh, had to add this, but we gave her a spoon today with her applesauce and she can do it all by herself and NONE got on the floor! Her shirt, however, had a good amount, but she loved accomplishing this task! Go Em!





1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the pics! The shirts are awesome! I think that might be our next craft! Emery and Olivia have MANY things in common, including wipes and Elmo!